- June 2021
After a successful market consultation process, Dublin City Council have released a request for tender procurement exercise to seek the best vendors and consortiums to develop an immersive heritage trail mobile application for Dublin’s Docklands.
Dublin Docklands encapsulates the very essence of the city’s unique maritime heritage. The maritime legacy of the Docklands is immense, exhibiting engineering excellence, industrial and dockside warehouse buildings and transport infrastructure. The Docklands has seen rapid development over the last few years and this regeneration creates a unique opportunity to protect, conserve and enhance its heritage.
The Docklands is an important part of the tourism offering provided to visitors coming to Dublin. With Fáilte Ireland announcing plans for a Visitor Experience Development Plan (VEDP) for Dublin Docklands, there is a strong tourism focus on the area now and for the years ahead.
This has been particularly felt in light of Covid-19, and being able to respond in a resolute way.
It is important to note that this tender is being done in partnership with Fáilte Ireland, South Dublin County Council, Fingal County Council, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, Dublin Port Company, and Waterways Ireland – meaning that they too, can choose to engage the tender winner to create a similar offering in separate jurisdictions.
The tender competition seeks the following:
• Design, develop, host and maintain an Interactive Mobile Application, interactive map (that can also be used a wayfinding tool to guide visitors around the main sites or points of interest of the Docklands such as the EPIC Museum), locations, audio, video, Augmented Reality and other media.
• Detailed interpretation design and content/ story development
• Supply of all related hardware, should it be applicable, must be provided by the tenderer.
• Potential phased expansion of the Application at the behest of Framework Clients. This may take the form of single change requests or larger sets of project work to expand existing trails or the addition of new trails throughout the city.
• Provision of an optional drawdown day facility for Engineering, Interpretive planning/ Script Writing Resources.
Please visit the following for more information: https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicPurchase/188317/0/0?returnUrl=ctm/Supplier/publictenders&b=ETENDERS_SIMPLE
Response deadline is 18th June 2021.